Friday 23 September 2011

Nightmare

Literally. Woke up with a start this morning because I dreamt that I had unintentionally driven on an unfinished road by a mountainside. The car started to turn turtle and I prayed as I knew I was hurtling towards my death. I woke up then, of course. They do say that when you die in your dreams, you die in real life.

What struck me as bizarre was how calm I was; I wasn't screeching and wailing. I had just accepted my fate. This is the opposite of how I feel - although I am calm and not screeching! The thought of cancer recurrence is foremost in my mind at the moment but I am definitely not accepting it as inevitable - I will do anything I can to keep it away. Although this year has been challenging and enlightening, I certainly do not wish to experience it again.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I believe the more popular superstition (Chinese Feng Shui, for sure) is that if you dream about a person dying (even if it is yourself), it is a sign that good fortune is around the corner. Unscientific, I know, but my experiences seem to validate that.

    ReplyDelete