Saturday 3 September 2011

Living on a Prayer

In the famous words of Jon Bon Jovi (yum) "We're halfway there!" Yes, six Taxols done and only six more to go. A bit of a break then lumpectomy and radiotherapy. To be pedantic about it, I'm actually more than halfway. Presuming that I will be all healed, so to speak, by the beginning of December, I'm actually three-fourths of the way home since I was diagnosed late March.

Yippee. And so far, what a journey it's been. Not just for me, but for everyone around me: family, friends and even the nurses I harass during my chemo sessions. And although this whole cancer/chemo thing has been a bit of a bother, I almost don't regret the experience if only for the lessons I've learned along the way, and the relationships strengthened. It's true what they say that things that don't kill you can only make you stronger - although I am physically weaker, I certainly feel stronger with all the support and love that friends and family have showered upon me. I know that I will pull through this ordeal because of them.

It's been awhile since I've gone out of my way to thank these very special people. So THANK YOU, all of you. You know who you are. And a special mention has to go to LH and my three wonderful children. I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Mayet German Tiaoqui4 September 2011 at 04:53

    I love you too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Taxol is really BAD MEDICINE for the Evil Crab. I'm sure right now the Crab feels SHOT THROUGH THE HEART. So when you're finally 110% well, LET IT ROCK! Just make sure you dont get too WILD IN THE STREETS.

    But seriously, Bon Jovi puns aside, you know I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've reached the summit and now you're gazing down into a lush valley bathed in warm sunlight. Go on, run down the hill and plunge into the cool river below :-)

    Keeping with the Bon Jovi theme I regret to inform you that scientists have produced a clone of JBV and crossed it with a clone of Ken Dodd.
    Its called a By Jovi!

    I'm here all week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ya sis! - Lito

    ReplyDelete