Wednesday 6 April 2011

What a Pain

The past week or so has been an absolute blur. One week I'm up and healthy, and the next week, I'm diagnosed with cancer. What a pain. Although I know I should feel the same - the cancer was simply picked up because of a health check I signed up for - I feel different. Tainted. I feel that my body (specifically my left breast) has been traitorous. And although I was doing double spin classes just last week, I suddenly feel frail. My world has changed, and although I do not want to be defined as a cancer victim, it is part - and will forever be a part - of who I am.

1 comment:

  1. this sucks... be strong... i have a growing list of friends who are ill, and it's painful you're now in it. but I'm pretty diligent with my prayers and I know they help.

    ReplyDelete