Sunday 20 November 2011

Ewww...

On Wednesday, the day I left hospital, I received a 'phone call from Nurse M, not just for her to find out how I was doing, but also to order me to take my bandages off on Saturday. But I just had a chunk of my breast taken out on Tuesday, I argued. She wasn't having any of it however. Visions of Nurse Diesel in High Anxiety suddenly entered my mind...

Well, Saturday was yesterday and needless to say, I waited until bedtime to take the bandages off. And I had to ask poor LH to do it, as I was a quivering wreck at the thought of taking them off myself. Anyway, to cut the long story short, the evil bandages are off and I have been left with a sore and bruised breast. Not a pretty site. Admittedly, Mr T seems to have done a good job - it's very similar to my other breast and the err... nipple seems to be in the right place. But it's bruised. And it's sore. And I'm being a real wimp about it.

1 comment: