Saturday 12 November 2011

I've got chills, they're multiplying

I've got the flu, and despite my giving LH a very hard time for his man flu, I'm milking this for all its forth. After all, I do feel terrible; and not only that, I'm worried sick that because of this darned flu my operation on Tuesday will be postponed. I actually saw the GP yesterday just to make sure that my cold had not turned into a chest infection. But apparently, there was no rattling in my chest. Phew.

I spent most of Friday in bed and felt much better this morning, except for a very persistent cough. So I took a teaspoon of Pei Pa Koa, a Chinese cough syrup my sister T had recommended the last time she was here. Admittedly, I was dubious; but considering that Chinese medicine can cure a whole myriad of ailments (Tiger Balm alone can cure nearly everything after all) I gave it a try. And to my surprise, within five minutes my cough had eased. And as its ingredients seem to be mostly herbal (no rhinoceros willies in there) it will now be a part of our medical arsenal.

As I felt much better after the miraculous Pei Pa Koa, I went about as normal and left to watch daughter N play lacrosse. And although I felt comfortable initially, as the afternoon wore on I got colder and colder, so I am now suffering again. Sadly the amazing Pei Pa Koa has not been enough to make me feel better; so I am now spending time in bed resting. Fingers crossed I'll be fine for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment