There are, at the end of the day, some positives to having cancer.
1. No such thing as a bad hair day. You're either bald, or balding. So, you grin and bear it and show off your pate with pride, or if you're a coward like me, don't shave and wear a hat or turban. So much faster in the mornings.
2. The lack of body hair. Hooray for Hollywood. 'Nuff said.
3. Faster showers. No need to condition hair, and no need to shave.
4. The choice of eyebrow look for the day. So, do I go for angry or shocked today? Hmmm...
5. The excuse to eat everything in sight, at anytime of the day. It's the steroids, you know.
6. The excuse to lie down in the middle of the afternoon.
7. The ability to gross your friends and family out just by showing off your portacath.
8. The opportunity to try out your friends' cooking.
9. All the lovely flowers and presents.
10. Friends and family telling you they love you because they care for you.
11. The opportunity to tell friends and family that you love them without them thinking that you've gone mad.
12. The Sick Face.