Saturday 4 June 2011

Wishful thinking?

One of the more knee-weakening experiences in this whole cancer journey was touching my lump for the first time. With the aid of the mammogram images, Mr Tit-man was able to pinpoint the exact spot of the tumour and guided my hands towards it. And it felt grainy and quite big, really. (It was measured at 1.6 cms, small-ish in relative terms, but still...) It freaked me out that I had not felt it earlier, but I suppose I had not known what I was looking for.

Since that first time however, I have become used to touching it. Initially, it would make me cry, but now I just do it out of curiosity. And I'm convinced that it has already shrunk since I started chemotherapy. In fact, this morning I had trouble finding the little bugger.

Ha! Shrink into oblivion vile tumour!

No comments:

Post a Comment